If you’re looking to sell your home, you’re probably wondering about the real estate market trends for the future! Ultimately, the good news is that it’s still a good time to sell your house. Prices are still high, and there are various things you can do to make your home as attractive and valuable to buyers as possible. Here are some tips about market trends to consider as you get ready to put your home up for sale!
The Market is Tentatively Stable
- Mortgage rates have remained fairly steady over the last year and are historically on the low side. However, if that changes and we see rates start to inch up, as a seller, be prepared to wait longer for your home to sell than it would have a couple years ago, and choose a good real estate agent to help you find the right offers.
- Overall, buyers are more financially prepared to buy homes. Consumers have strong budget systems, and are more likely to be able to pay their mortgage.
- We may plateau or enter a mild slow-down. Some have been doubtful about the state of the market. However, there are few of the same circumstances that set off the Great Recession in 2008, and with such low unemployment rates and projected slow growth, homeowner growth will likely level off.
It’s a Market for Millennials
Another of the top real estate market trends is that it’s a millennial market. In 2019, millennials have made up 45% of buyers in the housing market, and that percentage will only increase as time moves forward. Because of this, there are things you consider as you put your house on the market, to appeal to the current buyer demographic.
- Millennials appreciate sustainability and principled investments: Home systems that are energy efficient and low-maintenance are very important to millennials. Additionally, they like investments that support clean energy, clean water sustainability, and make efforts to protect the environment.
- Location, location, location: Millennials like to live in places that offer a big-city style of living without the cost, such as Austin or Milwaukee.
- Online accessibility: The current buyer demographic is very familiar with technology and uses it regularly and comfortably. Sellers today should have their listings accessible online to assure that they are reaching the audience most likely to buy. Alternatively, sellers of luxury homes who are not comfortable with losing privacy by posting their residence online can contact their real estate agent to find potential buyers offline.
The Sarah Bernard Realty Team Knows All About the Seller’s Market
Worried about real estate market trends and where to start? When you choose us to help you sell your home, you’ll enjoy the benefits of a whole team approach. Our team of realtors are experienced and knowledgeable about the market, and can give you comprehensive, researched assistance with selling your home. With Sarah Bernard Realty, you will have an agent that knows exactly how to make the selling process as easy and comfortable for you as possible.
Contact us for a no-obligation complimentary seller’s consultation anytime – we’re ready to help! 314-780-9070