Get Top Dollar for Your Home
As you consider selling your house, undoubtedly you want to get top dollar for your home. As you research, “what is my home worth?” keep in mind the answer is not found in a simple explanation or a quick do-it-yourself calculator tool.
Your home’s “worth” comes from many variables comprised of things like the lender’s value and the value that someone is willing to pay for it. It takes in to account the local market, comparables, and the smallest of details that your home offers. Perceived value can even be affected by how your home is marketed.
The experts at the Sarah Bernard Realty Team of St. Louis can give you a better idea of what your home may actually be worth, but first, take a look at the following information and the steps involved in getting top dollar for your home.
What a Home Analysis Means
You’re ready to put your home on the market and trying to decide whether to do it yourself or hire a real estate agent. Of course, as Realtors®, our team is going to steer you in the direction of using a Realtor for many reasons. The entire process is more complicated than most people realize and goes well beyond a homeowner’s knowledge and flexibility.
So, what is a home analysis and what does it mean?
Once we determine your selling goals and learn about your home, we conduct research and provide you with a marketing plan and thorough strategy that includes pricing, staging, marketing, industry data, and a top-notch online presence — with the objective of a quick and efficient sale at the highest selling price. Some of the factors involved in determining your value include:
- The housing market and demand in the St. Louis and Innsbrook Resort areas.
- The region where you are selling – St. Louis County, St. Louis City, the Village of Innsbrook Resort, or a region in-between.
- The city proper – Chesterfield? Town & Country? Creve Coeur? University City? Lake St. Louis? What are the city’s demographics, growth trends, taxes, and schools like?
- The neighborhood – located in a historical area like University City or a gated community in Ladue? Are you in a rural community with large lots or on a golf course?
- This takes into consideration the characteristics of the house and property, including improvements. Does it have a 3-car garage, a new roof, a large outdoor living area, newly remodeled kitchen? Is the land well maintained, lakefront, wooded, golf-course, tree-lined?
- All the homes that have sold in your area within the last several months.
- Current listings.
- Vacancies and days on the market (DOM).
- Cost, depreciation, and other factors for similar houses in the same market.
How Marketing Plays a Role in Value
Defining your home’s value when you’re ready to sell is just one piece of the puzzle. Our top-selling realty team has vast experience in the St. Louis real estate market, as well as marketing and sales expertise. In fact, properly marketing your home with top-of-the-line tools and technology can help you get a higher selling price – it’s the perceived value. If done right, a buyer can fall in love with it before they ever step foot inside! If not done well, a potential buyer may skip right over the listing.
How the Sarah Bernard Team Markets Your Home
Sarah Bernard, nationally-certified with the Institute for Luxury Home Marketing, is a top Missouri real estate agent and a lifelong resident of St. Louis. Her own real estate successes, Executive MBA from Washington University, established sales and marketing career, and highly-reputable real estate team combine to give you a competitive edge when selling or buying.
Our full-time Sarah Bernard Realty Team, comprised of Realtors and associates, works closely with you for a detailed, accurate home analysis and marketing that can help sell your home much faster than if you were to attempt to do it alone. Often, we can even get a higher selling price due to our skilled marketing efforts and services. Those services include, but are not limited to:
- A full marketing strategy that includes being featured on the Multi-Listing Service (MLS); RedKey Realty Leader’s website; SarahBernardRealEstate.com.
- High-quality, professional photography and/or videography; professional marketing materials including flyers, postcards and brochures.
- Advertising in select publications including Town & Style, Ladue News, The Webster Kirkwood Times.
- Online advertising on Zillow, Trulia, Instagram, Facebook, and Google search engine optimization (SEO).
- Open houses.
- Email campaigns and postcard mailings to targeted lists.
- Cross promotion with other RedKey Realtors.
- Marketing to a highly targeted list of top Realtors and buyers.
- Listing syndication to give your home maximum exposure on the internet including the most popular home search sites.
To Wrap It Up – The Best Way to Get Top Dollar for Your Home
Knowing your home’s value allows you to evaluate what you can afford in your new home and determine an accurate list price for an efficient sale. Proper marketing that shows your home’s value can be the difference between a fast sale at top-dollar and being in a holding pattern, especially if you’ve already found your next perfect home.
We love what we do and commit to getting you the best sales price and a successful closing without the hassle. No matter what you’ve experienced in the past, it’s time to find out how hiring a real estate team that cares can take away the stress and change the whole meaning of selling your home. It would be our privilege to help you – contact us today for a complimentary, no-obligation consultation. 314-780-9070